About Me Tab tutorials Tab projects tab recipes parties buttons advertise feater
Welcome to my blog! If you are new here you may want to check out my projects, tutorials and follow along! Have a great day!

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Crackle Paint Eat Signs

Kitchen decor has always been one of my favorite things to do- maybe because I love food so much, maybe because I decorate with fruits and vegetables- who knows. Anyway, the kitchen was one of the first rooms in the house we had decorated. But there was one little spot that needed a little something so I made these cute little wall hangings.



I found a link on Pinterest for how to make crackle paint out of Elmer's glue. I decided to give it a whirl and it worked like a dream. I was a little nervous when I went to bed that night because it didn't look that great, but when I woke in the morning the paint had dried and the crackles were perfect!

I bought the letters from Hobby Lobby and the plaques from Wal-Mart.  So here is how I made these cute little signs.

Paint the letters using this tutorial. Don't judge the crackle until it dries completely!



(This is what it looks like just starting to dry)

Cut scrapbook paper out to fit over the plaque.



Paint around the outside of the plaque where the paper won't cover.


Put ModPodge in thin layer all over plaque, place paper on top and ModPodge into place.


Once the ModPodge has dried glue the letters in place. Hang and enjoy!!



I will be linking up with some of These Parties!


Thanks for stopping by!
Signature 2

9 comments:

Sarah said...

After thought. You could change it to say TEA at teatime and ATE after supper. :)

Artsy VaVa said...

I love how the crackle turned out! Good job!

Megan@Whimsically Homemade said...

I love this idea! I may make some for my daughters room!

Visiting from Whimsically Homemade!

Jennifer said...

I like this! Thanks for posting it - it is simple but fun!

Unknown said...

Too adorable! I need this for my kitchen! I am hosting my 2nd link party, and would love for you to add this along with anything else you like!

http://www.mom4realky.blogspot.com/2012/02/4-real-friday-link-party-2.html

Jessica @ Mom 4 Real

Lisa @ Flour Me With Love said...

So cute...I've never done crackled paint, but I'd love to try now! Please stop over and share this cute project on Mix it up Monday:

http://flourmewithlove.blogspot.com/2012/02/mix-it-up-monday_26.html

I hope to see you soon :)

Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

These are neat!! You've been busy this week!! Happy to have you at Things I've Done Thursday! www.bearrabbitbear.com

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

Zoe, thanks for the kind words on my blog and the link to your great project. My crackle with Elmer's glue blog post is HUGELY popular. LOVE the contrasting colors for your letters. Great job!

Unknown said...

Love this, the crackle paint is a great touch! Thanks for linking up the The Kurtz Corner!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...