About Me Tab tutorials Tab projects tab recipes parties buttons advertise feater
Welcome to my blog! If you are new here you may want to check out my projects, tutorials and follow along! Have a great day!

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Rice Neck Warmer

Ever notice how Dad's are the hardest to buy presents for, well it turns out they are the hardest to make presents for too. I had a hard time deciding what to make my father for his birthday. But I came up with this rice neck warmer. I made it big enough so that it can be a back warmer too.


This is an upcycled project- made from old t-shirts that are being stored to be made into a t-shirt quilt eventually. I like the way it turned out and it works really well as a neck warmer. So here is the basic how to:

Cut a rectangle out of two pieces of fabric. Like I said before- I wanted mine to be big enough that you can use it as a back heating pad too.


Cut out whatever decorations you want- I decided to do a black lab applique (my Dad has a black lab named Blue) and some stripes.



Position the decorations and sew them in place.


Sew the two rectangles right sides together- make sure and leave a hole to fill with rice. Turn right side out.

Using a funnel fill with plain rice- leave enough room that it can fold easily.


Sew it shut!




Since this one was rather large I heated it 2 minutes in the microwave and it felt great. I used it on my neck while writing this post and I think I may just have to make one for myself too!!



The Girl Creative
      






Pink Hippo Party


http://www.thethriftyhome.com

Photobucket


Thanks for stopping by, have a good day!

Signature 2

5 comments:

LrSchwtz said...

This is a great project. It would be such a nice gift. I'd love for you to stop by www.laughloveandcraft.com and link up to my Share the Wealth Wednesday Link Party! I'm your newest follower!

Jessica@SewHomegrown said...

Super cute and you're right guys are sooo hard to make stuff for! I love the little dog on it! I'll be featuring you tomorrow in my Follower Fridays on Facebook. Thanks for following Sew Homegrown!

Miss Kitty said...

What a GREAT gift idea! How much rice would you say you used? I was just wondering how much to get to do a project like this. I saw your post over at "Crafty Scrappy Happy".

Ellen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erin of HomeSavvyAtoZ.com said...

Zoe,

This is a super cute idea! My father is impossible to shop and make for as well. This is great! Thanks again for linking up at Savvy HomeMade Monday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...