About Me Tab tutorials Tab projects tab recipes parties buttons advertise feater
Welcome to my blog! If you are new here you may want to check out my projects, tutorials and follow along! Have a great day!

Friday, August 12, 2011

New Food Friday Week #3- Oregon Crab Cakes and Garlic Brussel Sprouts


This is the third week of New Food Friday- If you are just joining us the reason for New Food Friday is to get myself out of a cooking rut and try some new recipes! I would love if you wanted to join in, just grab a button on my sidebar and start posting. Make sure you leave a comment so I know you have posted and I can come check out your great recipes!!


I got this crab cake recipe from a nutrition conference I went to several years ago. I hadn't gotten around to trying it yet, but that is what New Food Fridays are for!
The recipe is ok, not great. It was a little bit bland and dry. They did get a little burned too. Overall I don't think I would make this recipe again, but I would maybe try another crab cake recipe because I know they can be really really yummy!

Oregon Crab Cakes:
Olive oil
6 green onions, chopped
1 (6 oz) can canned crabmeat, drained
1 egg
1 Tbsp mayonnaise
1 tsp dry mustard
8 Ritz crackers, crushed
1/2 tsp cayenne powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp Old Bay seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup dry bread crumbs


Drizzle skillet with olive oil, saute green onions until tender.


Combine crabmeat, egg, onions, and seasonings in bowl. Form into patties. Coat each patty with breadcrumbs.
Heat oil in skillet. Cook both sides until at least 165 degrees internally.



Garlic Brussell Sprouts:
My sister taught me this recipe and I love it. I have served brussell sprouts to people who don't usually like them and they love this recipe. So even if you don't like brussell sprouts- give it a try!!

1 lb fresh brussell sprouts
Olive oil
Soy Sauce
 1 clove garlic
Mozzerella or parmesan cheese

Cover bottom of skillet with thin layer of olive oil.
Heat on medium.
Place halved brussell sprouts in pan so that they are all flat on the bottom of the pan.
Sprinkle with soy sauce- you don't want too much but just enough so that each sprout has a little on it.
Sprinkle with one clove garlic.


Cover with lid and let cook on low until brussell sprouts are tender crisp.
Sprinkle cheese over tops of sprouts and heat until melted.
Remove from pan- Enjoy!!


Thanks for stopping by and stay tuned this weekend for my first tutorial!!!

Signature 2

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...