About Me Tab tutorials Tab projects tab recipes parties buttons advertise feater
Welcome to my blog! If you are new here you may want to check out my projects, tutorials and follow along! Have a great day!

Friday, August 26, 2011

New Food Friday #5- Chicken Alfredo Primavera

Welcome to New Food Friday- This week I had a little technical difficulty- I made a new recipe on Sunday (meatball marinara subs with provolone) but I forgot to photograph it. Whoops- the photos are the best part of a recipe post!


So this week I am not doing an entirely new recipe to me, but I did use an alfredo sauce mix rather than premade. Someday I will be able to make alfredo from scratch but for now this is yummy and easy enough!

******If you are reading New Food Friday for the first time, I started it as a challenge to try a new recipe or preparation method once a week. I would love if others want to join in- just grab a button from the sidebar and comment on my post. If we get enough interest I may even start a linky party!********


Chicken Alfredo Primavera
Olive Oil
Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
Garlic Powder
Cut Baby Bella Mushrooms
Broccolli Cuts
Diced Summer Squash
Diced Zucchinni
Alfredo Mix Packet
2/3 Cup milk
2 Tbsp Butter
Whole Wheat Linguine



Season chicken breasts with garlic powder.
Cook Chicken Breasts until 165 degrees F at thickest portion. I like to sear them but add water to keep them moist and keep the pan from drying out.


Remove chicken from pan and let cool. After continuing on with recipe you can cut them into smaller pieces. I know my chicken looks pink- but trust me I temped it and it was way above 165!


****MONEY AND TIME SAVING TIP****
Every time I cook chicken I use half for the recipe I am making and freeze the other half of the package- most of the time you don't need the 1.5 lbs they put in the package. It makes the grocery budget last longer and the next time I need chicken in a recipe I just pull it out and heat it up!


Add olive oil and vegetables to the pan and saute until they are tender. Season with salt and pepper.


I used French's Alfredo mix because it was way cheaper than the premade jar and I just followed the directions on the package. I liked that it didn't make a lot and so when I mixed the dish up it was mostly veggies and chicken, but my husband said it needed more sauce. So next time I will probably use two packages of mix- it would still be way cheaper than the jar.


The flavor and consistancy of the sauce was great though and it was super easy.

Cook noodles according to package instructions and mix together. Enjoy!!



Thanks for stopping by and you can check me out at these great parties:



Cast Party Wednesday



The Girl CreativeNap-Time Creations






Jam Hands

2 comments:

Kellie said...

Yum!

Jaime Lyn at Crafty Scrappy Happy said...

yum yum yum! I am for sure going to make this recipe this weekend! Thank you so much for the inspiration! I would have never thought about using a ranch pack in something like this---not sure why I literally use them all of the time! :o) especially in the summer with grilled foods! Anyways, I am loving your blog---I am your newest follower I am so glad you have linked up the last two weeks so I could get to know you a little better---I just love that!
-Jaime from Crafty Scrappy Happy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...