About Me Tab tutorials Tab projects tab recipes parties buttons advertise feater
Welcome to my blog! If you are new here you may want to check out my projects, tutorials and follow along! Have a great day!

Friday, August 19, 2011

New Food Friday #4- Double Oat Breakfast Cookies

This week for New Food Friday I did another breakfast food. Both me and my husband get sick of eating the same breakfast all the time, so I am trying to find some quick, easy recipes to switch things up. This is a breakfast cookie and although it has quite a bit of sugar and butter, it still has whole grains (whole wheat flour, oats, cheerios) and protein (peanut butter). These turned out great and I will definitely make them again!!

I clipped this recipe from Better Homes and Gardens about 3 years ago.





Double Oat Breakfast Cookies-

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1 1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup water
1 egg
1 Tbsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup raisins or chocolate chips ( I used chocolate chips)
3 cups Cheerios

1. Preheat oven to 375. In large mixing bowl beat butter and peanut butter. Add sugar, baking soda and salt. Beat until combined. Add water, egg and vanilla- beat until combined. Add in flour and oats, beat with mixer as long as possible. Stir in chocolate chips and Cheerios.


2. Drop dough by 1/4 cup about 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten slightly. Bake 10 to 12 minutes until browned. Let cool on pan for 5 minutes and then transfer to wire rack. Makes 24 cookies.



These were AWESOME!! They are totally filling, delicious, and my husband will eat them for breakfast. I am keeping this one in my file for cook again!

Linking Up:

Nap-Time Creations

Thanks for stopping by!

Signature 2

2 comments:

Kellie said...

What's not to love about cookies for breakfast!!

Rebecca said...

Any chance you know how to make them just a little healthier with a little less butter and sugar? Think I can get away with some applesauce to replace some of the butter? I would love to make these as a treat but don't know if I would substitute my girls' normal breakfast for these. But agree that sometimes breakfast gets to be so routine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...