About Me Tab tutorials Tab projects tab recipes parties buttons advertise feater
Welcome to my blog! If you are new here you may want to check out my projects, tutorials and follow along! Have a great day!

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

From Zoe's Kitchen- Whole Wheat Banana Bread with Brown Sugar Frosting


I love bananas, but I am a little unusual. I only love bananas when the skin is nice and green. Once they start to yellow I don't like them anymore. So needless to say, we have a lot of leftover bananas around our house. It is good though because I love to make banana smoothies and of course bake banana bread.


This recipe isn't probably anything you haven't seen before, but this is the recipe I use for making banana bread. I have used it for a long time and I don't remember where I got it from. I did alter it by making it all whole wheat flour and I encourage you to do the same. Adding whole wheat flour adds fiber and a lot of other good nutrients that white flour is lacking!

Whole Wheat Banana Bread

1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 cup mashed bananas (3 bananas or 2 large bananas)
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup canola oil
Nonstick Cooking Spray

I know this isn't how you are supposed to do this but I just mix all of the wet ingredients in one large bowl, then add all the dry ingredients and stir until just mixed.



Spray a loaf pan or muffin tin with cooking spray. Fill with batter, for muffins fill about 2/3 way up- makes about 12 muffins.


Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes for loaf or 35 minutes for muffins.

Maple Brown Sugar Frosting
I decided to add some frosting to the muffins I made (I made a loaf and a batch of muffins) and I found this wonderful recipe for frosting at Joylicious- it is delicious!!!

2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
8 Tbsp butter
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 cup real maple syrup (I just used pancake syrup)
1 tsp vanilla

Mix sugars and butter until combined. Add salt. Using mixer, beat on medium while adding syrup and vanilla. Beat until creamy. Frost cooled muffins!



So yummy!!!!

It's hard to bake all night with this little one staring at you!!


Linking Up:


Nap-Time Creations









Cast Party Wednesday




Jam Hands
























Thanks for stopping by!

Signature 2

5 comments:

Kellie said...

Yum!

Cindy said...

This looks like a great recipe. I also try and add ww flour when possible. Love the brown sugar frosting. Perfect topping for a banana cupcake. Have a great day.

Ali said...

Thank you so much for sharing this at Recipe Sharing Monday. I hope to see you back tomorrow :)

Lady Behind The Curtain said...

THANK YOU so much for sharing your recipe with me at Cast Party Wednesday. I'd like to invite you back this week.
Thanks,
I hope to see you again!

Camille Nolan Photography said...

haha, oh penny! makes me want to bake this immediately!! maybe i will!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...