About Me Tab tutorials Tab projects tab recipes parties buttons advertise feater
Welcome to my blog! If you are new here you may want to check out my projects, tutorials and follow along! Have a great day!

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

From Zoe's Kitchen- Meatless Monday Edition- Bean Burritos

Here is a recipe that is the three things I look for in a recipe- fast, easy and inexpensive. Oh yeah, and it tastes great so there is the fourth thing I look for in a recipe.


This is another staple of growing up in my parents home and another one that I make all the time in my home too.

Homemade Bean Burritos
Green Pepper
Yellow Onion
Olive Oil
2 cans cooked beans (you can use any- I prefer pinto)
Chili powder
Garlic powder
Cayenne powder
Salt
Pepper

Toppings:
Lettuce or spinach
Grated Cheese
Diced tomato
Salsa
Sour Cream
Guacamole (if you want to make it REALLY yummy, most of the time I don't go to the effort of making the guac)

Whole Wheat Tortillas


Put olive oil, diced green pepper and diced onion in skillet. Saute until tender.


Add 2 cans beans (drained) and all seasonings. There aren't specific amounts, I just do it to taste, but I usually go pretty heavy on the chili and garlic powder and light on the cayenne. If you like it spicy you can add more cayenne (my husband does this when he makes them).


Mash to the consistency of your liking while heating over medium heat- I like mine a little bit chunky but you can get them all the way down to a puree if you wish. You may need to add a little bit of water here to get a good consistency.


I like to prepare mine like a tostada nowadays but you can wrap it up like a burrito too (that is how I used to always do it!





Linking Up:





Cast Party Wednesday



The Girl CreativeNap-Time Creations





Jam Hands





























Thanks for stopping by and have a good day!!
Signature 2

1 comment:

Lady Behind The Curtain said...

Thanks for sharing at Cast Party Wednesday. I hope you will join me again next week for another great party filled with amazing recipes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...