About Me Tab tutorials Tab projects tab recipes parties buttons advertise feater
Welcome to my blog! If you are new here you may want to check out my projects, tutorials and follow along! Have a great day!

Friday, July 1, 2011

Collage Wall

Last week we finished putting up a collage wall on one of the walls in the kitchen. I had seen many of these on blogs and I have been collecting fruit paintings for a while now. I really like how it turned out. I know the pictures aren't the best- we really need to work on our lighting!

My favorite part about this wall is that most of the pieces in it have a lot of personal meaning to me and my husband. My grandfather painted the two still lifes of fruit bowls. Six of the other plates were painted by my husband's great grandmother. She was an amazing china painter and we are lucky to have so many of her beautiful pieces. The other pieces are gifts or things that I have made myself.

Looking at it now, I think the wall would probably look better if the pieces were a little closer together. Also they would stand out more if the wall was a darker color. I hope to paint in here someday, but that is a very future project! Right now I love the wall and it makes me happy everytime I look at it :)



A strawberry plate painted by my husband's great grandmother.

One of the still lifes my grandfather painted.

A cross stitched wedding gift from a good friend from high school.



Another plate painted by my husband's great grandmother.

Thanks for stopping by and everyone have a great 4th of July!!!

3 comments:

Kellie said...

Love this... my kitchen will always be navy blue somehow to display my moms blueberry pottery! Some things are just timeless!

Lynn said...

What a great way to display your keepsakes! I love the china. It's so pretty!

Robin Hartman said...

Your collage looks beautiful. I love the embroidery quilt fabric with all the fruit. They compliment well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...